|Job Detail||Sign In|
Substitute Nurse: Various Schools
| Kansas State Board of Nursing Licensure as a Regisitered Nurse.
Assumes responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students in the school district.
· The school nurse provides for the promotion and maintenance of health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries. This facilitates the removal of health-related barriers to learning and promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
· Responsible for direct and indirect care given to students in compliance with school district policies, professional standards of practice, physician’s orders, and the Individual Health Plan.
· Maximizes the quantity of in-class time by reducing the incidence of health related absenteeism
· Eliminates or minimizes health problems which impair learning
· Identifies the health care needs of students and availability of health services/resources
· Plans and implements services to meet those health care needs
· Assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of services and health care plans
· Collaborates with a wide variety of school system and professional disciplines to enhance the educational process and promote an optimal level of wellness for students, families and staff.
· Functions in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses, and the school district’s policies and procedures.
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• An understanding of pediatric/adolescent, or public health nursing
• Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and standards pertaining to school nursing practice. (K.S.A. 60-15-101 and 60-15-104)
• Ethnic and cultural sensitivity and competence
• Understanding of health care delivery systems and the concepts of primary health care.
Complete an on-line district application at http://www.usd443.org.
Applicants may check application status by reading messages sent to the e-mail address submitted on the application.
Upon recommendation of the appropriate administrative team members, new appointments or transfer assignments will be sent to the Board of Education for final action.
If you have questions you may contact Mindy Rehmert at 620-371-1004.